A rich and delicious autumn-inspired pasta dish!
- Cook pasta according to directions, about 12 minutes. Strain, transfer to a bowl, lightly toss with olive oil and cover.
- In the same pot used for cooking pasta, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add the garlic paste.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée, cream, and all cheeses. Cook on medium heat, stirring, until the cheese is melted. Add salt, pepper, Amoretti Pumpkin Spice Extract, Pumpkin Spice Compound and roughly chopped fresh sage. Stir, cover and set aside.
- Heat the oil to about 350°F and fry the sage leaves quickly over medium-high heat. Drop the fresh leaves (no stems), a few at a time, into the oil and remove within 15-20 seconds, placing them on paper towels to drain.
- Add the cooked pasta to the Alfredo sauce and stir to combine.
- Add some of the fried leaves to the Alfredo sauce and stir. Keep some aside for garnish, or add them all!
An American classic, with added Amoretti goodness!
Delicious and vibrant natural flavor!
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 sticks + 2 tbsp Plugra (European-style) butter, cold and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp ice water (¼ cup)
- 7 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Apple Pie Artisan
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add cold, cubed butter and mix until pea-sized.
- Add ice water, and mix until dough comes together.
- Divide into two portions, wrap in plastic and chill for about an hour.
- Roll-out one portion of pie dough to fit pie dish, leaving some dough overhanging on sides.
- Brush bottom and sides of pie dough lightly with egg white wash to keep liquid from soaking through the dough as it bakes.
- Making the filling:Sauté apples, sugars, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg until lightly browned; 8-10 minutes.
- Make a slurry of cornstarch, water and lemon juice. Add to warm apples, and cook another 5 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add Amoretti Apple Pie Artisan, and stir to combine.
- Pour apple mixture into prepared pie dish.
- Roll-out second amount of pie dough, and cut strips about 1″ thick.
- Brush edges of pie dough with egg white wash.
- Lay first strip in center of pie and continue placing strips across the surface.
- Lift every other strip and place a strip in center of pie.
- Continue this as you go, adding strips to entire surface.
- Roll edges and crimp as you go around the edge of the pie, sealing edges.
- Brush with egg white wash and sprinkle top with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until bottom of pie is browned and top is bubbling. If it begins to brown too much, lightly tent with foil and continue baking.