Here in Southern California, we believe in doing things differently. And, when we say “different,” we don’t mean “obscure, off-the-wall, and abstract.” Instead, we focus on taking great flavors and turning them into interesting drink syrups that can be used for making unique beverages. One of the most interesting drink syrups we’ve created to date is Amoretti Premium Bubble Gum Syrup, a customer favorite.
- The average person chews 300+ sticks of chewing gum per year. Now, take a moment to think about the people you know who chew no gum. That’s got to mean there are people out there picking up the slack, right?
- Right. According to the Guinness World Records, the largest group of people to simultaneously blow a chewing gum bubble was 536!
- Champion chewer, Richard Walker, was able to chew 135 sticks for eight straight hours. Makes us tired just thinking about it!
- Think that’s tiring? Chewing gum used to be made by hand, an exhausting process for the workers!
- While we like chewing gum beverages during the summertime, chewing gum actually sells best between Halloween and Christmas. Who knew?
- Did you know that bubble gum can keep you from crying? That’s what the promoters say anyway! By reducing stress and increasing concentration, bubble gum also holds back the tears. Many cooks swear by chewing gum while they chop onions.
Two Drink Recipes With Bubble Gum Syrup
Long-time Amoretti Blog readers may be familiar with our Watermelon Bubble Gum Lemonade recipe. If you love to make unique beverages, then we suggest you make yourself familiar with this classic from last June. It’s popular with kids and adults. (We’ve been told the latter of those two demographics enjoys tossing a shot or two of chilled vodka in the mix.)
It’s been a while since we’ve written a new bubble gum syrup drink recipe. So, we figured this might be as good a chance as we’re going to get…
Amoretti Shaved Ginger “Bubble” Tea
- 8 oz iced green tea
- 1 ¾ pumps Amoretti Premium Bubble Gum Syrup
- Fresh shaved ginger (to taste)
It doesn’t get much easier than this. Stir all ingredients over ice and enjoy! You may want to “muddle” the ginger a little to unlock its full flavor. Because ginger is such a powerful flavor, we recommend starting light and then adding more ginger, if desired.