A Celebration of Champagne: 5 Interesting Facts
When it’s time to celebrate, there’s no better drink to mark an occasion than champagne. Not only is it a universal symbol of celebration, but you can make some pretty great cocktails when you use champagne as a base!
We don’t make our own champagne, but we do the next best thing… we’re proud to bottle a delicious non-alcoholic champagne drink syrup that’s perfect in cocktails. Don’t let the word “syrup” turn you off. This unique beverage syrup isn’t thick and “syrupy” at all. In fact, it’s not even that sweet. Instead, think of it as a robust and intensified imitation of the very best flavors found in champagne.
We tasted dozens of champagnes to get a feel for the hallmark characteristics of great champagne flavor. As we experimented in the creation process, we decided that there was no better way to create a unique drink syrup as good as Amoretti Premium Champagne Syrup than using natural flavors. So, that’s what we did! We chose some of the finest natural flavors available to create this wonderful product.
As a toast to our exploration of champagne, we’d like to share some interesting facts we learned along the way:
5 Facts About Champagne
- True champagne comes the historic province of Champagne, France. The province is located in northeast France, its nearest borders roughly one hundred miles from Paris. France and most countries in the European Union prohibit the sale of anything labeled “champagne” unless it comes from this region.
- Champagne, France is only 70,000 acres in size. That’s not a lot of land for producing a drink that’s loved around the globe!
- 85-90% of the champagne produced is of the less expensive, non-Vintage variety. Non-vintage champagne doesn’t have to be aged for any significant amount of time.
- All of the grapes in a vintage champagne must be harvested in the same year. In order to be sold as “Vintage” Champagne, the champagne must be aged for no less than three years.
- There are three primary types of champagne: Rosé, Blanc de Noirs, and Blanc de Blancs.
If you’re feeling adventurous to try a truly unique beverage syrup, pick up a bottle of Amoretti Premium Champagne Syrup today. We’re so confident that you’ll be pleased with the results you get in your cocktail recipes, that we’ll refund your purchase and make things right if you aren’t! Try this unique drink syrup today!