- 1 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
(whole almonds can be used, toasted and coarsely chopped)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Amoretti® Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- Using a whisk attachment on your mixer, whip the eggs, sugar, and Amoretti Almond Extract until very light (ribbon stage). About 5-6 minutes.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and sift.
- Add to egg mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in almonds by hand.
- Dust the work surface with a small amount of flour. Gently form the dough into a log shape, and flatten by hand to about ½ inch. Cut the log in two pieces.
- Lay the logs on a silpat or parchment lined sheet pan. (If you have a small oven, you can bake each log separately).
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 25 minutes, turning half way through, for even baking.
- Take out and let the logs cool for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Slice diagonally and place the slices on their sides.
- Bake again in a 325°F oven for 10 minutes. Turn the slices over at the 5 minute mark, so each side is toasted.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes.
- The biscotti can be kept in a sealed container for up to a week.