- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Amoretti® Premium Blanched Almond Paste (#1)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- ½-1 cup softened butter
(depending on how buttery you like them!)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- ¼ teaspoon Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract (#500)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Warm the milk until it boils, remove from heat and mix in butter until blended. Add water, and let mixture cool until lukewarm.
- In a bowl, combine the lukewarm milk mixture, yeast, sugar, salt, eggs, and 2 cups of flour. Stir in the remaining flour ½ cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. When the dough pulls together, knead it on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic, and let rise for about an hour or until double in size.
- While dough is rising, make the Almond Paste filling. Combine Almond Paste, eggs, and sugar. Mix well, then add the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- If your dough is still rising, you can make the icing at this time also. Combine butter and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar, then the vanilla and milk. Mix until icing is silky.
- Once dough has doubled in size, roll it out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about ¼-1/2 inch thick.
- Brush dough generously with softened butter.
- Spread the Almond Paste/brown sugar mixture over dough with a spatula.
- Roll dough up lengthwise and use a little water on your fingers to seal the seam.
- With (unflavored) dental floss or a sharp knife, cut rolls about 1 inch thick.
Place in buttered pans, cover with plastic and let rise again until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush soft butter over the tops of the cinnamon rolls, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with icing for mouthwatering results!