No Week-end Brunch would be complete without some savory dishes to go with the sweet ones. The Amoretti Cheese and Tomato Tart offers a delicious savory dish, complemented by one of our finest products; Amoretti Premium Organic Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil Infused with the Natural Flavor & Aroma of Kalamata Olives. Depending on how many guests you are expecting, you might want to make two of these tarts because they will go fast.
Cheese and Tomato Tart
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 12 Tbs unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 3 Tbs Amoretti Premium Organic Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil Infused with the Natural Flavor & Aroma of Kalamata Olives
- 4 Tbs ice water
In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, and butter. Using short pulses, process until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add the olive oil and ice water a tablespoon at a time and pulse until the mixture just begins to come together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, gather it into a ball with a dough scraper and your hand, and gently flatten the ball into a smooth disk about 1-1/2 inches thick. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator, place it on a lightly floured surface and roll it out into a 14-inch round about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the dough to a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Gently press the dough into the pan without stretching it and roll the rolling pin back and forth over the pan to sever the excess dough. Prick the bottom of the shell all over with a fork and chill the tart shell in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- 1 Tbs Sweet Hot Mustard
- ½ cup shredded Emmentaler cheese
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and cut into ½ -inch slices
- 6 oz Boursin cheese, cut into ⅛- inch slices
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced ½ cup
- ½ cup Amoretti Premium Organic Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil Infused with the Natural Flavor & Aroma of Kalamata Olives
Preheat the oven to 375℉.
Spread the mustard over the entire tart shell and add the shredded Emmentaler cheese evenly over the bottom. Place the tomato on the tart without overlapping the slices and cover each slice of tomato with a slice of Boursin cheese. Bake the tart on the middle rack of a 375℉ oven for 35 minutes. Remove the tart and allow it to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Combine the basil, parsley, thyme and garlic and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tart. Drizzle the tart generously with Amoretti Premium Organic Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil Infused with the Natural Flavor & Aroma of Kalamata Olives just before serving.