Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building!
The good news is, he left his breakfast behind for us to share. These soft, fluffy peanut butter pancakes are made with whole wheat flour, topped with banana slices and peanuts, and covered with Amoretti Premium banana syrup, so they are much more healthful than any fried peanut butter and banana sandwich on white bread. Just add two to four strips of bacon to your plate to get the full effect of these classic Elvis Presley flavors.
Peanut Butter and Banana Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup natural peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Amortetti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs, separated
- Banana, sliced
- Peanuts, unsalted, dry roasted
- Amoretti Premium Banana Syrup
- Preheat the griddle.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg yolks, oil, and vanilla together until well-blended, and stir in the peanut butter. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. In a second medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks, then gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Pour batter onto the griddle in 3½ inch circles. When tops of the pancakes are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked, turn the pancakes over and cook another 2 minutes or until the second side is browned.
- Top each stack of pancakes with sliced banana, peanuts and banana syrup.