Many of us invest countless hours learning how to perfectly brew a cup of tea, but how much do we really know about this historic beverage? While “tea knowledge” isn’t necessary to brew the perfect cup, it’s still fascinating to learn about the second most consumed beverage in the world (the first being water). After we’ve familiarized ourselves with the history of tea, it’s much easier to respect the incredible flavored tea that we enjoy today.
Most historians agree that tea first originated in China in the 16th century. It’s likely that tea was used as a medicinal beverage, as Asian cultures were among the first to discover the cardiovascular, oral, and weight loss benefits of tea drinking. By the 17th century, however, the British began challenging the Chinese monopoly on tea, helping to spread the beverage’s popularity throughout the globe.
Here are some fascinating facts about flavored tea:
- Astro tea. There are many people who believe that tea leaves can be used to predict the future. Similar to astrologers, these readers stir the final remains of tea leaves at the bottom of a cup to predict what’s ahead.
- Oral health. While many popular beverages will stain the teeth or even result in eroded enamel, flavored tea is a natural source of fluoride. Over time, this can increase tooth strength and gum health.
- Multiple servings. Want to take advantage of the many health benefits that flavored tea has to offer? Well, you’re going to have to consume multiple servings. Physicians and researchers agree that the optimal benefits from drinking tea appear after 4 cups.
- Opportunity to add richer flavor. From Amoretti Premium Mojito Syrup to Amoretti Premium Lemon Syrup, premium syrups give you the opportunity to add incredible flavor to your tea – without adding unwanted ingredients. These premium syrups contain no artificial flavors, or any ingredients that would otherwise distract from the purity of the tea itself.
- Balance. Aside from the physical benefits of flavored tea, there are many emotional and mental ones as well. The warmth and richness of flavored tea naturally soothes and relaxes anyone who drinks it. Coupled with the physical benefits, such as lowered blood pressure, flavored tea can be used to strike balance in one’s life.
Have you experimented with Amoretti Premium Elderberry Blossom Syrup, Amoretti Premium Jasmine Syrup, or any of the other premium syrups used to make flavored tea? If so, we’d love to hear about how much you loved the concoction on the Amoretti Facebook Page!