Amoretti Walnut Coffee Syrup: Interesting Facts
We love learning new information about our favorite flavors. We’ve found that the more we know about a flavor, the more we appreciate, and enjoy it. Today, we’ve decided to share some information about a California-favorite coffee syrup, our Amoretti Premium Walnut Syrup.
Walnuts are big out here in California – in terms of both the size and popularity. However, when you take a closer look at this interesting nut, it’s pretty clear that they deserve their popularity. Here are just a few reasons why walnut is one of our favorite flavors to use in making flavored coffee:
- The walnut is actually the oldest known tree food. There’s evidence that walnuts have been eaten by homo sapiens as far back as 10,000 B.C.
- Walnuts originally came from central Asia. However, they made their way over here to California in the early 18th century. We’ve had walnuts around in these parts for 300 years.
- Walnuts are loaded with Omega-3s. A walnut has 2.5 grams per ounce of Alpha-Linolenic Acid, the “active ingredient” of beneficial Omega-3s. Not only are they loaded, but they’re the only nut that’s loaded with Omega-3s. The next closest nut is the peanut, which has only 0.5 grams per ounce.
- For a long time, walnuts have been used for treating everything from halitosis to inflammation. While you’re not likely to get a prescription for walnuts anytime soon, you won’t do any harm by increasing your walnut-intake! Enjoy it as a flavored coffee with Amoretti!
- ‘Walnut’ is probably a rather inaccurate term. There are actually more than 30 different unique varieties of walnuts commercially produced.
- By the time you buy a walnut at the grocery store, it’s been mechanically air-dried to reach an 8% moisture level. This helps protect the nut from deteriorating during storage.
Enjoy Amoretti Premium Walnut Syrup in a cup of coffee or in a cup of black tea. If you’re feeling really adventurous, you might even try mixing this in a cocktail recipe. The nuttiness of walnut can pair quite well with the bold, spiciness of a fine whiskey.
Because we source our ingredients from nature, you can be confident that when you enjoy Amoretti Premium Walnut Syrup, you’re enjoying a coffee syrup that’s made from the real thing. You won’t find any artificial ingredients or cheap substitutes in your flavored coffee when you flavor with Amoretti!