We’re not done with Memorial Day. We’ve got you covered when it comes to your main dish (check out our Memorial Day Margherita Pizza recipe!). But what about dessert, you ask? We’ve got a real treat for you, so without further ado, let’s introduce our Apple Pecan Cream Torte!
What better way to celebrate than with a delicious dessert that’s chock full of apples? Impress all your friends with this amazing Apple Pecan Cream Torte! It’s layered, creamy, and just bursting with warm apple taste. Check out our video to see how it’s done!
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan. Flour it as well if you do not have a non-stick pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Core, peel, and cut the apples in thin ring slices and set them aside.
- Whip the eggs and sugar to the ribbon stage (see Tips).
- Add the cream and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract and mix.
- Whisk the flours, baking powder, and salt together. Then add them to the mixer.
- Pour a small amount of the batter into the pan and spread out to the sides.
- Lay the sliced apples in one layer.
- Pour more mix onto the apples and smooth.
- Continue layering apples and covering with batter, leaving a bit more batter for the last layer.
- Drizzle the Apple Pie Marbleizing Swirl over the last layer of batter.
- Gently swirl into batter with a small knife or stick.
- Bake for 1½ hours to 2 hours. Test it with a stick that comes out clean when it is done.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm. There is a bit of a creamy texture to this torte.
- The ribbon stage means that when you lift the whisk over the mixture, the batter should fall slowly and form a ribbon that holds its shape for a few minutes. The mixture should also be pale, almost white in color.