Mousse is not only fun to say but it’s fantastic to eat! You can enjoy it as it is or add it to put a special touch to another dessert. One of the best ways to make mousse is to add your favorite flavor to it, and we love tiramisu. So, guess what we did? We added cappuccino tiramisu to this simple mousse recipe to create something magical!
Watch our video and grab the recipe to try it out yourself!
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup baker’s sugar
- 2 tbsp Kahlua
- 3 tbsp Amoretti® Cappuccino Tiramisu Compound
- 1 cup cream, cold
- 3 egg whites
- In a double boiler, combine the egg yolks and one-fourth a cup of sugar. Whisk constantly until mixture reaches 140° F degrees.
- Remove from the double boiler and pour into a mixer and whip until the mixture is cool.
- Fold in the Kahlua and Cappuccino Tiramisu Compound.
- Whip the cold cream to a firm peak.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture in 2 stages.
- Whip egg whites to a soft peak, then slowly “rain” in the remaining one-fourth cup of the sugar and continue whipping to form a meringue.
- Gently fold the meringue into the egg yolk and cream mixture in 2 stages.