Finally, the weather is getting warmer! Just like us, you’re looking for treats and desserts that help you cool down. We’ve got just the thing for your next summer get together: our Caramel Banana Ice Cream Tart.
With a bit of planning and some time, you’ll have an impressive dessert that looks and tastes beautiful. And don’t worry about it melting. You and your guests are going to eat it so fast it won’t be an issue!
Check out our video to see how we did it. Feel free to print the recipe and, of course, add your own twists to make it all your own!
- ¾ cup Amoretti® Natural Graham Cookie Crumbs #720
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 ½ to 2 bananas (depends on size of tart shell)
- 1 ½ to 2 pints vanilla ice cream (depends on size of tart shell)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp cream
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 or 2 tsp Amoretti® Banana Compound #309
- TART: Combine melted butter and Amoretti Graham Cookie Crumbs.
- Press into the fluted tart shell with a removable bottom.
- Chill in the freezer or refrigerator while making the other components.
- Place the sliced bananas over the chilled base.
- FILLING: Place ice cream into a mixer and beat with a paddle to soften.
- Return it to the freezer. The ice cream should be almost firm.
- CARAMEL: Warm the cream and milk together and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and corn syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Once it is boiling, add the warm cream and milk, whisking.
- Add the flour and continue to whisk for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add the Amoretti Banana Compound.
- Set aside to cool.
- ASSEMBLY: Pour the caramel over the bananas and smooth with an off-set spatula.
- Chill for 5-10 minutes in the freezer.
- Spread ice cream over caramel and freeze overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Using a torch, heat the sides and bottom of the tart shell.
- Pushing from the bottom, remove the tart from the shell.
- Grate chocolate over the top of the tart before cutting.
- Firm ice cream is easier to spread.
- The chilled whole tart is easier to cut after a night in the freezer.
- Serve and eat quickly! It melts fast.