You’ve seen it. Your kids love it. Your friends can’t stop talking about it. The new Beauty and the Beast movie is out, and l’amour is in the air. Now you’re inspired to have your own French tea party, but where do you start? Try these decorated tea cookies, and be as creative as you like! The cookies are simple and will take you no time at all. The frosting is easy, and so customizable! We made subtle movie-themed cookies by decorating lovely tea cups and tea pots. Kids (and adults, too) love not only the bright, pretty colors but the sweet taste as well. Go full circle and dip them in a nice cup of tea!
- 2½ sticks Plugra butter
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla “European Style” W.S. 20x
- 2 (40g) egg yolks
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cup cake flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 2⅔ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup boiling water
- COOKIE DOUGH: Sift dry ingredients then combine all remaining ingredients.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill for at least an hour.
- Roll out dough and cut with desired cookie cutters.
- Chill them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a 350°F degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool the cookies completely before decorating.
- DECORATING ICING: Combine both ingredients.
- Add desired colors to icing in separate bowls.
- If you are not using the dough all at once, wrap what is not needed and place it in the refrigerator.
- The dough is very soft and warms quickly while using.
- Cover the icing with a moist towel to keep it from drying out.