Choco-Orange Flourless Cookies
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Orange Zest Oil Extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk egg whites and extract together, then add to dry ingredients, stir just until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookie tops are dry and crackled, about 25 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer sheets to wire racks and let cookies cool completely.