- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 oz Amoretti® Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Spread
- Put chocolate in a medium bowl, place a sieve over the rim, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream to a gentle boil.
- Pour a bit of hot cream into the yolk and sugar mixture and whisk quickly, then add the rest of the cream, whisking constantly.
- Return mixture to the saucepan and place over medium heat, stirring and scraping constantly so the eggs do not scramble.
- Once the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, pour through the sieve onto the chocolate.
- Stir gently to incorporate.
- Now fold in the Amoretti® Chocolate Peppermint Natural Cookie Spread.
- Pour into desired dishes, and chill until set.
Optional: Serve as-is or garnish with a little peppermint whipped cream using Amoretti® Peppermint Extract.