It’s a hot summer day, and all you want is to cool down with an icy snack. But you don’t want to make your own ice cream, and you’re trying to stay at least a little healthy. Also, that popsicle mold you’ve had for ages is just sitting in your cupboard. Well it’s high time you put it to use, and we can’t think of a better way than with our Coconut Pineapple Pops!
Pineapple and coconut are a match made in heaven, and these healthy and easy to make pops take full advantage of this flavor combination to bring you a refreshing summer treat. Make sure to watch our video and see how our amazing Chef Barbara has put them together!
- 14 fl oz canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3 teaspoons Amoretti® Natural Toasted Coconut Cream Compound
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup diced fresh pineapple
- Spread shredded sweetened coconut onto a silpat- or parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 5-8 minutes, until browned, then cool.
- Empty coconut milk into large bowl, and burr mix or whisk to fully combine the fat that will be at the top of the can when opened.
- Pour ¼ cup of coconut milk into a saucepan, and add sugar.
- Over low heat, warm, stirring, just until sugar dissolves, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Amoretti’s Natural Toasted Coconut Cream Compound.
- Pour sweetened coconut milk into remaining coconut milk and stir to combine. Add toasted coconut.
- Chill for 30 minutes or longer.
- Stir coconut mixture and pour into mold 1/3 way up. Add some diced pineapple and pour coconut mixture to fill line. Insert pop stick and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.