This recipe makes 36 1.5in cake pops
- 1 spice cake, cooled completely (from a box, prepared according to instructions, or homemade)
- 6 tbsp Amoretti Eggnog Gourmet Icing (coming soon)
- 12 oz white chocolate
- 30-40 lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Crumble the prepared cake in a large bowl, the crumbs should be very small.
- Add icing to the cake crumbs and mix with your hands until the mixture is moistened enough to stick together. You may need more or less icing depending on the cake.
- Roll the mix into 1.25 inch balls using a cookie scoop. Chill on a parchment-lined tray for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt ¼ cup white chocolate. Dip the bottom ½ inch of the sticks in the chocolate then insert in the cake pops (the chocolate will help secure the pops to their sticks). Return to the fridge until the chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes.
- Melt the remainder of the chocolate. Dip the chilled cake pops in the chocolate, making sure to cover them completely. Either return them to the tray or insert into a block of foam (then they won’t have a flat bottom). Chill for 20 minutes.
- Re-melt the chocolate and dip the cake pops again to fully coat. Add sprinkles immediately if using. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Try one to make sure they’re good.
- Wonder where they all went.
- Make more.