- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons canola or grape seed oil (just enough to cover the bottom of a 1.5 quart pot)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons corn syrup
- ¾ teaspoon Amoretti® Maple Compound
- ½ teaspoon Amoretti® Lemon Zest Oil Extract
- 1-2 tablespoons white pepper
- Put one kernel of popcorn into the pot of oil.
- Heat on med-high.
- Once the kernel pops, add the remaining ¼ cup popcorn and cover.
- Remove the pan from the heat once the kernels slow or stop, about one minute, depending on the type of heat. (Gas, electric or induction)
- Making the Caramel: Add all ingredients into saucepan, stirring to combine, and heat on medium-high until the caramel reaches a medium-dark brown.
- Remove from heat and quickly add desired flavor. Caramel will continue to cook once off the heat.
- Pour over popcorn and stir to combine and separate kernels.