- 150 grams dark chocolate (chopped)
- 150 grams soft unsalted butter (plus some for greasing)
- 1 teaspoon Amoretti Crème de Cacao extract
- 4 large eggs
- 250 grams powdered sugar
- 100 grams ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line the base of a 9inch spring form cake tin with baking parchment and butter the sides.
- Melt the chocolate, cacao extract, and butter together in a double boiler, or in a microwave (following manufacturer’s instructions), then set aside to cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together until about tripled in volume
- Mix the ground almonds with the cocoa powder and fold this gently into the egg and sugar mixture, followed by the slightly cooled chocolate and butter. Finally, fold in the zest and juice of the lime.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, it is done when the cake is just firm on top, but still have a bit of wobble underneath.
- Remove from the oven and sit the cake in its tin on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, unmold, and serve with the Jamaican Rum whip cream that follows.
For the Jamaican Rum Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2-3 pumps Amoretti Premium Jamaican Rum Syrup
Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk just until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
► Watch the making of this recipe on Amoretti YouTube channel.