Whether it’s for Easter brunch, dinner, or to go along with afternoon hors d’oeuvres, this simple pesto will brighten up just about any dish! Pistachios are substituted for pine nuts, which are often more expensive and difficult to find. The natural flavor and aroma of Kalamata olives boosts the savory quality of the basil and freshly grated Parmesan. With just a few ingredients, this pesto is guaranteed to be the perfect relish for your Easter gathering.
- 3 tablespoons shelled pistachios, chopped or crushed
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- ½ cup freshly torn basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons Amoretti Premium Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Infused with the Natural Flavor & Aroma of Kalamata Olives
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Put the pistachios, Parmesan, basil, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Use a handheld immersion blender to blitz into a thick paste. This can also be done in a food processor.
- Add the hot water and then blitz again quickly.
- Refrigerate any unused portions for up to a week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Here are just a few recommendations of what to do with the finished pesto:
- Top off a caprese salad
- Dress a cold pasta salad
- Sauce an appetizer pizza
- Toss with blanched green beans
- Use as a sauce for hot pasta
- Dip for fresh vegetables