- Cream butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the egg, vanilla and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients and add them, combining to form a dough.
- Divide the dough in half and, wearing gloves, add the Amoretti food color and Natural Pumpkin Spice to one half of the dough. Work these into the dough by hand.
- Wrap both halves in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out and cut cookies with desired cutters. Brush with milk and bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes.
- If you are not painting the cookies, you can sprinkle with raw or Turbinado sugar, after brushing with milk and prior to baking.
- If painting designs with chocolate, it is best to temper the chocolate prior to decorating, as this will ensure a nice shine and better appearance to the cookies.