And the winner is…pistachio gelato! When it comes to gelato, the sublime flavors of pistachio make it a unique treat no matter the time of year. The natural, earthy flavor makes it a favorite during the fall, while the fresh coolness also makes it appropriate for summer and spring.
Chances are that you’ve made homemade ice cream before, but why not homemade gelato? The rich creaminess of gelato is satisfying for the palate, but never overwhelms with sweetness or heaviness. Its delectable flavors satisfy your cravings without burying your stomach with unneeded weight.
Unfortunately, if you go to your local grocery store and pick up a carton of pistachio ice cream (amongst other flavors), you’ll discover that it’s likely composed of artificial colors and flavors – not the authentic recipe. If you want to enjoy the rich, earthy flavors of pistachio gelato with natural ingredients, then you’ll want to make a batch at home.
You’ll be amazed at the difference in quality and how simple it is to make with flavored syrups from Amoretti. Because this recipe calls for flavored syrups that have been made from organic agave nectar, you can rest assured that only the finest ingredients are used for this delicious treat.
Homemade Pistachio Gelato
- 1 ¼ cups raw, shelled pistachios
- 1/3 unrefined cane sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Amoretti Organolicious Almond Flavored Blue Agave Nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon liqueur
- In a food processor – or blender if you don’t have one – combine the pistachios and sugar, blending in short pulses until the mixture is finely ground into a consistent powder. Set aside once finished.
- In a separate bowl, combine ¼ cup of the milk with cornstarch. Stir thoroughly until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Add the remaining 1 ¾ cup of the milk to a medium saucepan with the pistachio mixture. Bring to a boil and stir regularly with a wooden spoon. Add the cornstarch mixture and continue cooking for an additional three minutes, allowing the mixture to thicken. When the custard can coat the back of your stirring spoon, then it is ready to be turned into a frozen treat!
- Remove from the stove and allow the custard to cool for a few minutes. Add the flavored syrups made from organic agave nectar for an authentic almond taste. Add to your ice cream maker, whisking according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
With flavored syrups made from organic agave nectar, you’ll be amazed as this simple recipe comes to life. Enjoy!