After you’ve pressed the snooze button for the umpteenth time, you’re finally ready to get out of bed and enjoy some breakfast. Whether it’s a stack of freshly made pancakes or a smiley face composed of bacon and eggs, you’re going to need a refreshing beverage to get you started for the day. What better way to begin your morning than with a glass of orange juice?
There is nothing quite better than freshly squeezed orange juice, ripe with flavor and infused with pulp. While it’s hard to imagine a life without oranges, the reality is that oranges weren’t introduced into the western hemisphere until 1513. The orange originated in Southeast Asia and was actually cultivated to look orange (the original ones were green). In fact, in some countries, oranges are still colored green!
Regardless of color, though, we can’t blame you for enjoying a glass of orange juice as part of your morning routine. After all, it took a lot of hard work to create that single glass! It takes approximately 50 glasses of water to grow the oranges needed to fill an entire cup with orange juice.
Fortunately, there are no signs of an orange shortage approaching, and with unique orange syrups, you have the opportunity to add the citrus flavor to any beverage or recipe you want!
Enjoy an Icy Cold Mimosa Popsicle
If you want to enjoy the sweet taste of an orange any time of the day, we have an exciting idea for you: why not make a Mimosa Popsicle? It’s easy, tasty, and will melt in your mouth perfectly. Plus, if you’re not sure how to use fruit syrups that you previously purchased, this recipe will give you the opportunity to use those unique orange syrups.
Ingredients for 6 popsicles include:
- 2 oz. Champagne
- 8 oz. orange juice
- 3 tbsp. Amoretti Premium Blood Orange Syrup
- ½ cup strawberries
With this recipe, you’ll find it easy how to use fruit syrups. First, simply mix the Champagne and orange juice together.
- Fill your popsicle tray 1/3rd of the way and freeze completely.
- As this freezes, puree the strawberries and Amoretti Premium Blood Orange Syrup. You’ll be amazed at the difference unique orange syrups can make and this unique way of how to use fruit syrups.
- Remove the popsicle tray and add the strawberry layer on top and allow to freeze completely.
- Remove the popsicle tray for a final time and add the final layer of the Champagne and orange juice. Leave in freezer until completely frozen.