Whenever butter, sugar, and cinnamon are involved, it’s hard to go wrong. But someone had to do it for the first time. As we celebrate the release of our new Cinnamon Bun Artisan Flavor, we decided to do a little research into the history of the cinnamon bun. Check out what we found out about this delicious breakfast treat:
- No one knows when exactly cinnamon buns were first made; the primary ingredients, however, are thousands of years old.
- In the United States, at least, the cinnamon roll heralds back to 18th century Philadelphia, where bakers created a breakfast treat of honey, sugar, raisins, and cinnamon.
- The largest type of cinnamon roll is in Finland. Bakers sell “korvapuusti” that weighs in at roughly 7.1 ounces!
- In Sweden, October 4 is known as “Kanelbullens Dag” (Cinnamon Roll Day).
- Also, in Sweden, cinnamon buns usually have a hint of cardamom in the dough!
- The Honey Bun is the closely related gas station cousin of the cinnamon bun. It was developed in Greensboro, North Carolina in 1954.
If you love cinnamon buns, then you probably already have your own favorite tried-and-true recipe, which we wouldn’t dare to try and change! However, we bet that you don’t have a cinnamon bun flavoring on hand.
Our brand new Cinnamon Bun Artisan Flavor is a delicious flavoring for baking into any dessert or pastry. It provides that wonderful, authentic cinnamon bun taste that is so difficult to replicate in anything but the real thing (trust us, we spent a lot of time trying to capture the taste of real cinnamon buns before we finally succeeded!).
Better yet, our cinnamon bun artisan flavor is naturally flavored, naturally colored, and shelf stable (even after opening!). We didn’t add any preservatives or other junk to it in order to get that important shelf-stable factor either.
So if you want a great tasting cinnamon bun flavoring without all of the unhealthy ingredients in other, lower-quality brands, pick up an 8 oz container of Cinnamon Bun Artisan Flavor today. You won’t be disappointed. That’s our brand guarantee to you!
Stay tuned for recipes and other information about our Natural Artisan Flavors over the next few days, weeks, and months. We’re excited to share with you about how we’ve been baking with these delicious ingredients here in our Southern California kitchens.