- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Amoretti® Lemon Zest Oil Extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- pinch of salt
- Melt the butter and let cool slightly. Carefully skim the milk solids off the top.
- Whip the eggs and sugar until pale, fluffy, and you’ve reached ribbon stage (when you lift the whisk, a ribbon of batter will lay on the surface of the mix as it drops into the bowl).
- Sift the dry ingredients together, then slowly add them to the egg mixture so you don’t overwork the gluten.
- Slowly add the butter, milk, and lemon zest oil.
- Mix on low until just combined, scraping the bowl once.
- The batter is ready immediately, but for best results – let it sit overnight.
- Pipe into a greased madeleine mold and bake at 325°F for 18-20 minutes, rotating mid-way for even baking.
- Cool on a rack and cover with a towel to keep from drying out.