- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon distilled white wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon Amoretti® Sour Cherry Compound
- ½ teaspoon Amoretti® Natural Vanillin
- Heat oven to 200°F.
- Whip egg whites on high speed to stiff peaks.
- With mixer going, add sugar very slowly, “raining” it in.
- Add vinegar.
- Whip on medium speed until stiff, glossy and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Divide into three bowls, each with about ½ cup.
- Fold in the flavors and fill pastry bags.
- Pipe onto a parchment–lined sheet pan. Sprinkle chopped pistachios and Amoretti Natural Pistachio Flour, if desired.
- Bake for 90-120 minutes, until meringues lift off paper easily.