- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- 3 teaspoons water
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2¼ cups good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1½ teaspoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon Amoretti® Peppermint Oil Extract
- Pour water into saucepan.
- Add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pecans, making sure to coat them completely.
- Use a slatted spoon to remove the pecans, and spread them evenly on a rimmed parchment- (or silpat-) lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Remove from oven, stir, and let pecans cool in the pan.
- Transfer the candied pecans into a medium bowl, set aside.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a double boiler, then stir in the vegetable oil and Amoretti® Peppermint Oil Extract.
- Temper the chocolate.
- Pour the tempered chocolate over the pecans, and mix completely.
- Spread mixture on parchment paper or a silpat, and let set in a cool spot for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Break into pieces, and enjoy!