- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 yoks
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Amoretti® Mint Chocolate Chip Extract
- 1¾ cup – 2 cup mint chocolate chips (depending on preference)
- In a saucepan, heat cream, milk and ½ cup sugar to a simmer.
- Mix egg yolks and ¼ cup sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Remove cream/milk mixture from heat and temper in the eggs.
- Return saucepan to the stove, and over medium heat, cook to 82°C (178°F), stirring constantly with a spatula.
- Strain and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, add Amoretti Mint Chocolate Chip Extract and burr mix, or whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Pour into ice cream machine and mix per directions.
- Fold in chocolate chips once ice cream has reached soft-serve consistency, and freeze.
- Note: for a lighter ice cream, two whole eggs can be substituted for the 6 yolks.