Yields 24 standard cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Zest & juice of 2 limes
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2¾ tsp Amoretti Mojito Mint Extract
- 1½ tsp Amoretti Coconut Rum Extract
- 1 jar Amoretti Key Lime Icing (coming soon)
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer at medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Reduce speed to medium, add extracts, lime juice & zest. Then add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 325°F approx. 25 min., rotating pans halfway through.
- Whip icing & shortening together. When cupcakes are completely cool, top with icing.