- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amoretti Pistachio Butter Artisan Flavor (coming soon)
- ½ cup shaved dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, mix milk and cream. Warm until foam forms around the edges. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until combined. Gradually pour the warm milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Return mixture to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture gels slightly and coats the back of the spoon. If small egg lumps begin to show, remove from heat immediately. Stir in the Pistachio Butter Artisan Flavor until well combined.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve or fine strainer into a bowl. Cover, and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve or fine strainer again, into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Add the shaved chocolate or chocolate chips during the last 3 minutes. Transfer to a sealed container, and freeze until firm. If the ice cream is too firm, place it in the refrigerator until it reaches the desired consistency.