- 1 tsp canola oil
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 cup diced bell pepper, mixed colors
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs Amoretti Organolicious Premium Blue Agave Nectar
- ½ tsp Amoretti Cumin Oil Extract
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tsp canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, jalapeño and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Stir in the broth, chili powder, agave nectar, extract, and crushed tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer the salsa until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Add ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper, or to taste.
Hatch Chile Salsa
- 2 Tbs light olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Hatch chiles, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- In a medium saucepan, heat the light olive oil over medium heat. Add the Hatch chiles and onion and sauté until the onions are translucent, but not browned. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 to 45 seconds more, just until fragrant.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the broth, and slowly pour the broth into the onion mixture, whisking constantly so that is stays smooth.
- Add the cumin, salt, black pepper and oregano to the onion and broth mixture and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce should be thickened just enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add more broth to thin it out if it is too thick. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Crema de Pimiento Rojo
- 8 oz sour cream
- 6 oz heavy cream
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 Tbs Mexican style red pepper sauce, or to taste
Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Fold in the sour cream until well blended. Stir the garlic into the cream mixture and add red pepper sauce to taste.