Zabaglione is a simple custard dessert typically made with egg yolks, sugar, and Marsala wine. We’ve put our own spin on this classic Italian dish, adding a dash of autumn flavor with our Amoretti® Pumpkin Spice Syrup.
- ¼ cup Marsala wine
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 1 tsp. Amoretti® Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Whip the cream to soft peaks, and set aside.
- Combine the Marsala, egg yolks and sugar.
- Place the bowl over a pot of gently boiling water.
- Whisking constantly, cook the mixture until it coats the back of a spoon, or reaches 180°F.
- Remove from heat and place the bowl in a water bath.
- Once cool, gently fold in the whipped cream and Amoretti® Pumpkin Spice Syrup.
- Fill glasses and top with pears, citrus, or any fruit of choice.