- 2 pumps Amoretti Premium Almond Syrup
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 oz. sour cream
Combine in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy, this will take a few minutes.
Note: If the French Toast looks too complicated, this versatile spread is also a great dip for fresh fruit platters, on bagels, waffles, pancakes, etc.
Stuffed French Toast (4 servings):
- 8 slices bread of choice
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon Amoretti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla (2 fold) Extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Spread all the bread slices on one side with the almond spread, press slices together, forming 4 sandwiches
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, rum, and vanilla extract
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip 2 sandwiches in egg mixture to coat. Place in skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove cooked French toast and repeat steps 3 & 4 with remaining butter, bread, and egg mixture.
Note: Fresh slices strawberries, bananas, or other fruits can be added as a topping along with powdered sugar or whipped cream.