It’s summer. There are so many get togethers to attend! So, you need appetizers to serve or bring to your friends’ house. If you love pancetta and mushrooms, then these bite-sized treats are just what you’re looking for! They’re savory and juicy yet light enough that you won’t even realize you’ve eaten the whole platter.
What more can we say? Watch our video and grab the recipe so you can make the perfect finger food to impress your friends!
Yield: 24-36 medium size mushrooms
- 24 mushrooms
- 1 4 oz package pancetta
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tbsp sundried tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Rosemary Oil Extract O.S.
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Thyme Oil Extract O.S.
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Oregano Oil Extract O.S.
- Using a soft brush or a paper towel, clean the mushrooms.
- Remove the stems and dice finely, then set them aside.
- Sauté pancetta until crisp, remove from pan, and drain on a paper towel.
- Remove some excess oil from the pan with a paper towel, leaving oil to sauté the other ingredients.
- Sauté diced shallot and mushroom stems until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, sauté the mushrooms.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and cinnamon.
- Remove from the pan.
- In a separate bowl combine the panko, onion mushroom stem mix, diced sundried tomatoes, pancetta, parsley, Rosemary Oil Extract, Thyme Extract, and Oregano Oil Extract.
- Place the mushrooms on a sheet pan or in a casserole dish, bottom side up.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushrooms and bake in a 375°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Optionally, sprinkle grated parmesan over the top prior to baking.
- In the video, we sautéed 12 mushrooms at a time. If you are sautéing another batch, add another one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon and another teaspoon of Worcestershire with the second batch.