This sweet, fluffy yet crunchy treat is an ode to our Chocolate Spreads. It’s a simple and easy to make recipe that hardly takes any time or preparation and can be whipped up quickly with very few ingredients. Puff pastries are already a favorite with their enjoyable flaky, soft texture, but when filled and topped with chocolate spread, this will easily become your go-to breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Almond Dark Chocolate Spread
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1¼ tsp milk
- 2-3 tbsp raw sugar
- PASTRY: Defrost the puff pastry sheet and on a floured surface, roll out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F degrees.
- Brush off the extra flour covering the surface of the pastry sheet.
- Cut the sheet in half lengthwise.
- Place the ¼ cup of Chocolate Spread into a piping bag, cutting a small bit off the end of the bag.
- Drop a teaspoon-sized amount of Chocolate Spread onto one of the pastry sheets, leaving 1 inch of space between each one and the outside edges.
- Brush egg wash around the edges of the pastry and in between each drop of Amoretti Chocolate Spread.
- Cover with the other half of the pastry sheet and press the edges together and in between each drop.
- Cut in between each drop and press the edges together with a fork.
- Place each piece on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Brush egg wash on the top of each piece and sprinkle them with raw sugar.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then turn the cookie sheet and bake again for 9 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- GLAZE: Mix the powdered sugar and milk and fill a pastry bag with the glaze.
- Warm the pastry bag with the Amoretti Chocolate Spread in the microwave for 5 seconds.
- While the puff pastries are still warm, but not hot, drizzle the Chocolate Spread over them, followed by a drizzle of the glaze.
- At this point, if desired, you can drizzle white and dark chocolate over the top.
- When cutting the puff pastries in step 9, each piece should resemble a ravioli.
- Any flavor of Chocolate Spread can be used in this recipe!