Ice cream is already amazing, so how do you make something great even better? Just add some bacon flavoring! Top it off with some delicious graham cracker oat streusel.
Watch our video and make your own ice cream!
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs or 6 yolks
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Amoretti® Maple Compound (optional)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Amoretti® Maple Bacon Compound (optional)
- 1 stick butter, cold and cubed
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup Amoretti® Natural Graham Cracker Cookie Crumbs
- Heat cream, milk and sugar to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and temper in the eggs.
- Cook to 82° C (178° F).
- As an option, mix in either Amoretti Maple Compound or Amoretti Maple Bacon Type Compound.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Spin in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the cold, cubed butter and mix until the butter is broken down into small pieces.
- Spread the streusel on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake in a 350° oven for 6-8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove, stir and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Streusel can keep for four days. Or it can be kept in the refrigerator, unbaked for 7 days.