Not only is the weather beautiful, but Mother’s Day is just around the corner. It’s time to make something sweet and colorful to celebrate the best mom in the world (yours, duh!). Why not try Lime and Blood Orange Pâte de Fruit? They are the perfect sweet indulgence your mom deserves!
Pâte de fruit is French for “fruit paste” and you get bonus fancy points if you know how to pronounce it. You’ll definitely get mom to “ooh” and “aah” over these pretty treats, so what are you waiting for? Watch our video, take the recipe, and get cooking!
- Measure all ingredients for one flavor of Pâte de Fruit and set out all utensils.
- Put all ingredients into a saucepan and very gently whisk just to combine.
- Cook on medium heat to 107°C (224.6°F).
- Immediately remove from heat and strain.
- Pour into shallow flex molds, flexible candy molds, or onto a Silpat-lined sheet pan.
- Chill overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Unmold them and swirl in granulated sugar.
- Repeat all steps for the other flavor.
- Prepare everything before you start since you need to work quickly with this recipe, as the gelatin begins to set once it has been strained.
- Do not over whisk the ingredients.