The house smells delicious. It’s that warm, cinnamon combined with homey oats. Possibly even raisins. It’s our old favorite, oatmeal cookies, just like grandma used to make! They’re perfectly crispy on the outside with just enough softness in the middle. Are you ready to make these yet?
Get started now! Watch our video and grab our recipe!
Yield: 24-36 cookies
- 2 ½ sticks butter
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract W.S.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Amoretti® Oatmeal Cookie Artisan
- 3 ½ cup oats
- 1 cup golden raisins (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugars, on low or medium speed. Do not whip.
- Add the vanilla and eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly and scraping the bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add oats and mix just until combined, scraping the bowl.
- Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop, place scooped mix onto a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Chill for a few minutes before baking in a 375 °F oven for 12-14 minutes, turning the sheet pan for even baking.
- If making ice cream sandwiches using cookie cutters, adding raisins will make the cutting more difficult.
- Once cooled, the cookies can be cut into shapes for making ice cream sandwiches.