Our newest salad recipe is refreshing, bright, and deliciously healthy. It’s the best way to get your greens and all the vitamin C you desire. Whether you’re looking for a side to complement dinner or a lunch that’ll make your coworkers jealous, our Citrus Salad with Blood Orange Dressing is a light and beautiful dish. And the next time you’re headed to a summer barbeque, it’s a simple yet impressive addition to any get together.
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 pixie tangerines
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 grapefruit
- 2 tangelos
- A handful of fresh thyme leaves
- A handful of fresh dill
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic
- ¼ tbsp Amoretti® Blood Orange Extract W.S.
- Segment 1 of each citrus.
- Peel and slice the remaining citrus.
- Mix the olive oil, white balsamic, and Amoretti W.S. Blood Orange Extract.
- Toss the greens and citrus segments in a salad bowl.
- Add the sliced citrus.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Sprinkle fresh thyme and dill over the top.
- Keep the herbs like thyme refrigerated until you are about to serve the salad, otherwise, they will wilt.
- Watch our video on How to Segment Citrus to see our talented Chef Barbara segment citrus fruits.