Very few flavors are as recognizable as root beer. From root beer floats to those hard, barrel-shaped candies you enjoyed a child, root beer is a classic flavor that makes us all nostalgic for childhood. Fortunately, we don’t have to find a time machine to enjoy those classic flavors today.
However, as you’ve grown, chances are that your tastes have evolved as well. While there’s certainly nothing wrong with a root beer float – and we mean that! – why not learn how to make your own gourmet drink using a root beer drink syrup?
It’ll allow you to enjoy the oh-so-classic taste of root beer in a way that’s more appropriate for your palette today. We suggest the Root Beer Granita.
The granita is an Italian creation that is a perfect treat for a hot summer day. It’s also an easy opportunity for you to make your own gourmet drink at home. A combination of a sorbet and sno-cone, the Italian granita is a summertime favorite that can be enjoyed with any drink syrup.
Our granita featuring our Amoretti Premium Root Beer Syrup is bound to be a hit with your loved ones, whether it’s served at a pool party or a dinnertime gathering. We’re excited to share this unique recipe with you!
- 4 cups of root beer
- 1 tub of vanilla ice cream
- Amoretti Premium Root Beer Syrup
This recipe is designed to serve 6 people, and should take approximately 4 hours, from start to finish. Here are the steps:
- Pour 4 cups of the root beer into a baking pan and place into the freezer. This will create the frozen base of your root beer granita. While you can use any container to freeze the root beer, we suggest using a baking pan or saucepan so that the ice remains thin.
- After 4 hours, the root beer should be frozen, but still relatively soft. Begin crumbling the frozen root beer until you can scoop it into 6 individual serving cups. This will form the base of each granita.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top and drizzle each serving lightly with root bear drink syrup.
This unique spin on a classic treat will please children and adults alike! The homemade granita will add a classy touch, while the ice cream will unleash everyone’s inner child! Bon appetit!