- 12-15 spring roll wrappers
- 6 burro bananas
- 12 oz jar jackfruit
- 1½ cups pecans, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 cups turbinado sugar
- peanut or canola oil for frying
- Amoretti® Premium Crema di Caramel Syrup
- 1½ pints coconut ice cream
- Slice the bananas lengthwise, and trim to fit the wrappers, allowing a half inch of wrapper on each side. Slice the jackfruit slices and lay them out on paper towels to drain.
- Position a spring roll wrapper in a diamond shape with one point facing you. Keep the rest of the wrappers moist by covering them with a damp towel.
- Place one piece of banana and one piece of jackfruit just below the center of the wrapper. Sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp chopped pecans. Fold the corner facing you over the filling, then fold the left and right corners towards the center until the points touch, then roll the wrapper upwards (toward the top point) completely, and seal the end with water. Place the turon on a parchment paper-lined platter, seam side down. Continue to make turon until all the ingredients are used.
- In a large, deep frying pan, heat 1 inch cooking oil to 325°F.
- Spread 1½ cups turbinado sugar in the bottom of a pie pan.
- Fry the turon in 1 inch of 325°F oil until golden brown, turning as necessary. Do not crowd the pan. Set the turon on paper towels to drain, then roll them in the turbinado sugar.
- Cut a turon in half, at a 45° angle. Place the two halves on a plate at a 90° angle, add a small scoop of coconut ice cream in the ‘V’, drizzle the turon and the ice cream with Crema di Caramel Syrup, sprinkle with chopped pecans and turbinado sugar, and enjoy!