Unique Tropical Syrups: 9 Interesting Facts About Guava
A couple days ago we published a delicious new cocktail recipe that features one of our most unique tropical syrups, Amoretti Premium Guava Syrup. If you’re looking for ways to add unique flavor to your favorite summer beverages, guava isn’t a bad way to go at all! However, the recipe made us think more about what we know about guava. Once we started talking, we came up with some interesting facts.
Check out these nine interesting facts about guava:
- No one knows exactly where the guava fruit was first grown. However, many botanists suspect that the guava tree comes from Central America or Southern Mexico.
- Many dieticians and food trend analysts suspect that guava could become the next “it” fruit. Guava has become more readily available and accessible in U.S. supermarkets over recent years. Also, consumers are waking up to the health benefits of guava.
- Speaking of health benefits, guava has 5x the amount of vitamin C as oranges.
- While we’re comparing guavas and oranges, did you know that a guava has 70x the amount of fiber as an orange?
- Guava is also rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, E, calcium, copper, folate, manganese, iron, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Guava isn’t just good fruit. In many cultures, the wood is used decoratively and the leaves are used for obtaining black fabric dye.
- You might have a very clear mental picture of ‘guava’s in your head: small, plum-sized fruit with yellow or green rind. However, there are roughly 150 varieties of guava, which means plenty of options for adding unique flavor to your summer fruit diet!
- A typical guava can have 100-500 seeds. Depending on the variety, these seeds might be edible. Seedless fans can stick to the seedless varieties (or just pick up a bottle of our unique guava tropical syrup).
- Lastly, guava can help your body deal with high blood pressure, constipation, lung congestion, high cholesterol levels, and more.
So, have you had your guava today? Pick up a bottle of our unique tropical syrup and make guava a part of your daily routine. Be sure to check out our recent “Summer Breeze” drink recipe for inspiration on how you can add unique flavor to your cocktails.
Have some favorite guava trivia of your own? Share with us and other fans on the Amoretti Facebook page. Wow us with your knowledge!